"ACRD - The National Voice for Regionalism...







 HOMEAbout Us | Contact Us | Strategic Data | Collaborative Leadership | Strategy & Planning | Economic Development |




Prof. Isa Odidi




Mal. Jelani Aliyu




Masai Ujiri




Capt Salihu Ibrahim




Ms. Beatrice Hamza B





The combined net productivity of just the above 5 people [without any connections in Abuja] - is more than the combined GNP / GDP of not only Nigeria but whole of Africa today... Just imagine what the

over 100 million people in the North can do... So there is hope for [Northern] Nigeria..


January 2017

Capt Salihu Ibrahim [Kogi] - assisted in the formation of the largest airliner in the world...

Airline Employees See Big Gains In Merger

Tempe-based US Airways has upped its spending on lobbyists this year as it tries to merge with American Airlines. There's a big job to do.

US Airways pilot Salihu Ibrahim and CEO Doug Parker meet before a chartered plane takes off from Phoenix to Washington, DC. (Photo by Peter O'Dowd-KJZZ)

rallycapitolSeveral hundred employees of American Airlines and Tempe-based US Airways asked members of Congress to support their merger bid. (Photo by Peter O'Dowd-KJZZ)

The airlines go to court in November to defend against a Justice Department antitrust lawsuit. Now, as the court date approaches, both airlines have gone a step further by sending their own employees to Washington to make the case to policymakers.

About 300 flight attendants, pilots and others showed up on Capitol Hill this week. For a handful of them on a chartered flight from Phoenix, the trip began with a pep talk from US Airways CEO Doug Parker.

“It's nice for people to see how much this means for all of you, which I don't think they fully understand,” said Parker, who spoke over the public address system before take off. "Do us proud.”

Unions for the employees on this plane said their members have been paid at rates far below counterparts at other airlines, and that is why pilot Salihu Ibrahim was on the flight to Washington.

“The prospect of a merger just opens doors up that before would have been shut completely in our faces,” Ibrahim said. READ ON>>

Click images below to see Video




Merger between AMR Corporation and US Airways Group

In January 2012, US Airways Group, the parent company of US Airways, expressed interest in taking over AMR Corporation, the parent company of American Airlines.[7] In March, AMR's CEO Tom Horton said that the company was open to a merger.[9]US Airways (US) told some American Airlines (AA) creditors that merging the two carriers could yield more than $1.5 billion a year in added revenue and cost savings.[10] On April 20, American Airlines' three unions said they supported a proposed merger between the two airlines.[11] Under Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection, American Airlines had been looking to merge with another airline. Earlier in July, a bankruptcy court filing stated that US Airways was an American Airlines creditor and "prospective merger partner"; on August 31, US Airways CEO Doug Parker announced that American Airlines and US Airways had signed a nondisclosure agreement, in which they would discuss the possibility of a merger.


In February 2013, American Airlines and US Airways announced plans to merge, creating, by some measurements, the largest airline in the world. In the deal, which was expected to close in the third quarter of 2013, stakeholders of AMR would own 72% of the company and US Airways shareholders would own the remaining 28%. The combined airline will carry the American Airlines name and branding; the holding company will be renamed American Airlines Group Inc.


The US Airways' management team, including CEO Doug Parker, will retain most operational management positions. The headquarters for the new airline will also be consolidated at American's current headquarters in Fort Worth, Texas.[14][15] US Airways will exit Star Alliance upon completion of the merger, and American will retain its Oneworld alliance. Judge Sean Lane approved the merger on March 27, 2013, but declined to approve a proposed $20 million severance package to AA executive Thomas W. Horton.[16] On July 12, US Airways shareholders approved the proposed merger.  READ ON>>




























Strategic Data for Decision-Makers

Visualizing critical data that informs Arewa leaders and organizations of the region's unique characteristics.



Economic Development & Business Growth

Building trusting relationships among key players that spur the movement of ideas into action in an agile manner for the Arewa region.


Strategy & Planning

Promoting the development of a high quality multi-year plan that builds on the economic strengths of the entire Arewa region.



Copyright © 2016 - to date: AREWA Center for Regional Development (ACRD) - www.arewaonline-ng.com

All rights reserved Powered by iNetworksCanada